At Unfold we work iteratively in small, close-knit teams of strategists, developers, designers and copywriters to define and build digital products that are good for people and business. This mix of talent and industry expertise allows us to excel at every stage of bringing a new product to life. We work across the whole spectrum of product development: from strategy and ideation, through naming, branding, identity and product design, to choosing the tech stack, doing development and testing, successfully launching it into the market and iterating based on user feedback.
For us, pioneering products are made by involving different fields with various problem-solving skills throughout the whole process. As a part of Unfold, you’ll have autonomy and a big say in how our products are built. You’ll have the freedom and flexibility to shape your own role and have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of award-winning interactive projects within application development, websites, digital installations and services.
We’re located in spacious offices in the heart of Oslo, equally suited for morning coffees or afternoon drinks. We never work off-site but you have the flexibility to work from home when needed. We like to travel, ski, read, learn, climb mountains, hike, bike, solve problems, hit the sauna, sail, attempt crossfit, dance, share knowledge and meet new people. Keeping a strict work:fun ratio is important to us.
We’re looking for someone who’s into some of this stuff, or who wants to introduce us to something brand new. Someone with in-depth knowledge and experience developing backend services and frontend applications. Someone who wants to grow together with us. Most of our projects involve integration towards existing systems and services, as well as the development of API middle layers. We are experts in Node, Typescript and GraphQL. Maybe you are too, or want to be? We’d love to hear from you.
Things you may have worked with:
- Developed API-based services on the Node.js platform.
- SQL and NoSQL databases e.g. PostgreSQL, Elastic, Redis and Firebase
- Experience with web technologies (Typescript, HTML, CSS)
- NextJS and Apollo (or similar) frontends
- Created GraphQL APIs
- Sanity or other headless CMS platforms
- Integration towards external APIs
- System architecture and planning
- DevOps and IT operations
Unfold on the inside:
We can offer:
- Technical setup and equipment of your choosing
- Company trips and conferences worldwide
- Premium life and health insurance
- Personal finance counselling with professional advisors
- Bi-weekly company gym classes
- Yearly financial support for sports equipment and gym memberships
- Highly skilled and senior co-workers
- 5% retirement savings
- Mobile phone costs covered plan